Auditions for Crime & Punishment coming up on August 11, 12
THEATREdART is closing season VIII with Crime & Punishment, adapted and directed by Brian Mann. This Russian epic by Fyodor Dostoyevsky tells the story of a broke former student in St Petersburg who decides to kill an unscrupulous pawnbroker for her cash.
Performances run from November 6 to November 22, 2015. Rehearsals begin in September.
Auditions will be held on Tuesday August 11 and Wednesday August 12 at 7pm at the Cottonwood Center for the Arts, with callbacks on Thursday August 13.
Prepared monologues are not required.
- Raskolnikov: a destitute former student in St Petersburg. Intelligent, proud, consumed with paranoia and self-loathing.
- Porfiry: Magistrate in charge of investigating the pawnbroker's murder, quick and clever.
- Dunya: Raskolnikov's sister, brave and decisive.
- Pulcheria: Raskolnikov's mother, deeply devoted to her family.
- Sonya: Rasklonikov's love, forced to prostitute herself to support her family.
- Sividrigailov: Dunya's depraved former employer.
- Luzhin: Dunya's fiancé, stingy and self-absorbed.
Ensemble roles are also available.
We are also accepting submissions for our Season 9 lineup!
Are you currently writing a show that you want us to consider? Is there a show that you'd like to see us produce? Have you been struck by divine inspiration to the point that you must absolutely direct this one play you know and you need a venue to do it? This is your lucky day!
We will be accepting proposals until August 15, 2015 for our next season. Our 9th season will run from January to December 2016, and we will be producing anywhere from 3 to 6 plays.
Couple of ways to do this.
2. Fill out the form below.