ONE SIXTEENTH OF AN INCH
"In the wee hours of the morning of August 30, 1978, the serenity of my snug family-focused life was shattered by what sounded like a door slamming..."
Talking and writing about suicide aren't easy, but sometimes we encounter a poem, a script or a story that hits just the right chords, as painful as they may be. On Friday November 18 at 7:30PM, THEATREdART is bringing together a collection of such works to start the conversation about this hard topic.
The performance will feature poetry, performance art, and One Sixteenth Of An Inch, an Ethnodrama written by Hannah Rockey and directed by Jeff Harms. All tickets are donation-based, with all proceeds to be donated to Pikes Peak Suicide Prevention.
NOW ACCEPTING PROPOSALS FOR SEASON 10!
Is theatre your passion? Do you have a script you would love to direct, but just don't have the resources? It's your lucky day!
We are taking directing proposals for our 2017 season!
If you are interested in directing a show or a project next year, please send your proposal to email@example.com with the following information:
- Tell us about the play: title, playwright, synopsis? What drew you to the play? Why do you think TdA should include it in its season 10 lineup?
- Tell us about yourself: do you have any directing or theatre experience?
- Tell us about your vision: how do you want to direct the play? do you have ideas on design? How do you imagine the final product?
- Tell us about the tech needs: Setting, required props, costumes, lights, sound effects?
- Tell us about anyone else you would like involved in the project: do you have designers you would like to work with? Actors already lined up?
We will be accepting proposals through October 31 and making a season decision by December. Fine print: at this time we cannot offer stipends.